Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Caden's Turkey Tale

Caden had to write a Thanksgiving story from a turkey's point of view for school. This is what he came up with...


A Perfect Way to Celebrate Thanksgiving
By Caden Shakeshaft

Hello, my name is Camouflage Gobble. Today I am setting up for Thanksgiving. I have to go hunt for our dinner, set up rocks to make tables, decorate, and get ready for our favorite Thanksgiving game.

Our dinner is roasted cow, grass seed, and creek water. We sit at the rock tables and eat. We talk about how we hunted for the cows. I am the best hunter, because I am camouflage. The cows can’t see me.

For decorations I carve pictures of pilgrims, Indians, and teepees on rocks with my beak. I take colorful leaves from the trees and make beautiful pictures with them.

Out favorite Thanksgiving game is called “Run From the Hunters.” We have to run from real hunters that are trying to make us their dinner. We run until dark, then we stop and tell each other how thankful we are that we did not get caught. Then we eat leftover jack-o-lanterns from the dump for dessert.

2 comments:

Charlene Bargas said...

Very good story, i love the random things in it, he reminds me of Michael....hehehe

alicia said...

I love it!!!!! Very well written. Don't know if it would have been so good if you'd stayed here in Clovis! Brooklynn can come up with stories, but her spelling is awful!!!( or should I say creative!!!)
LOVE ALICIA