Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm Still Not Used To Boy Things!

Here is what has happened in the last week...
The boys have been working hard on remodeling their bunker into a hideout/underground house. They only cut down about 5 trees to cover the top! But they did a really good job. In their spare time, they have been jr. archaeologists, as you can see by the pictures of the bones. The picture only shows a few of the bones, but believe me, they have EVERY bone from this animal's body...ribs, teeth, spine, claws, etc... We think it is the wild cat that has (or had) been living in the woods. So sad and so disgusting at the same time!

The last picture illustrates why I'm concerned about my children joining the armed forces. Here is my thought when I look at this picture..."Kyler, do you want me to light a match so you can see better?"

Hey Charlene, notice the hat Caden is wearing? It's Kelly's Army hat that he gave to him. He thought it would be appropriate to wear it to the battleground we were visiting.

Caden is very excited about the new neighbors we have moving in in December. He is a retired Army Captain from Ft. Campbell. He was a helecopter pilot. I'm excited about them moving in too, because I will finally have someone else home during the day in our neighborhood. The construction workers might be glad, too. They are probably tired of me watching them lay bricks and hang doors. But, I am so amazed at the way they toss bricks to each other without looking...and no one gets hurt! Is it wrong that I would like to, just once, see one of them get nailed with a brick?

So, not much more going on. Terry and I are just a boring married couple, so nothing to say about us!

1 comment:

decorating diva {aka deanna} said...

SUSAN, LOOKS LIKE THE BOYS LOVE THEIR NEW ENVIRONMENT!! HOPE YOU ALL ARE DOING WELL. WE MISS YOU AROUND HERE!
LOVE, DEANNA CLOVIS,CA